There is plenty of things to see in Lisbon, and a good, cheap, and local-led way of discovering all of it is joining our Tours and Events (check, for example, the Alfama Tour, the four Miradouros Tour or the Belêm Tour on your first days here). Most of the historical Lisbon city center is worth a visit, and a lot of times the city is best discovered by walking - transport is limited in areas like Bairro Alto.
For short stays, you can see its most relevant monuments in 2-3 days, including Belêm.
Here’s a checklist of places you definetely should not miss while here:
- Belêm Tower
- Mosteiro dos Jerônimos
- Padrao dos Descobrimentos
- Baixa Pombalina
- Bairro Alto
- Praça do Comercio
- Parque Eduardo VII
- Castelo de Sao Jorge
- Alfama Neighbourhood
- Nossa Senhora viewpoint
- Parque das Naçoes area & Lisbon Oceanarium
You can find more information, suggested routes and tips for sightseeing in Lisbon in our blog.
Lisbon has a wide museum circuit, three major cinema festivals, many music festivals and countless events every single week. These are just some main ideas so you can get started. Don’t forget to check our blog - we got plenty of plans and suggestions for you to check in Lisbon.
- Centro Cultural de Belêm (Contemporary Art)
- Panteao Nacional
- Lisbon Oceanarium.
- NOS Alive
- Rock in Rio
- Lisbon Dance Festival
- Doc Lisboa
- Lisboa & Estoril Film Festival.
- O Bom, o Mau e o Vilao (Jazz, contemporary music)
- Tasca do Chico (Fado)
There's a bunch of things going on in Lisbon once the sun goes down. The main going out areas are Bairro Alto, Cais Sodré (particularly Pink Street) and the Santos Area, where the larger clubs are.
Here are just some of our verified suggestions:
- Apolo XIII bar - located in the Erasmus Corner, you can have many discounts here showing your ESNcard
- Meu Eu - at the heart of Bairro Alto there's Meu Eu and its famous 'Erasmus Pack'. A tradition in Lisbon, don't miss it.
- Hard Rock Café - best place to go for free concerts on a Sunday evening!
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for the best parties and night events in the city!