Postal (zip) codes in Portugal
If you are sending a parcel, you will need to know the given postal code of the mailing address.
Portuguese postal codes have normally 7 digits, i.e. 1200-223.
At the CTT site you can use a postcode finding service to figure out what your postcode, or the one you are sending things to, is.
The national postal company of Portugal is CTT. You can find their offices spread all around the city. They offer different sending options according to weight and speed. You can also buy the envelopes and boxes you may need at the CTT.
- Weekdays: 09.00-06.00
- Weekends: only open at certain spots, like the Airport.
Types of mail (w/prices)
- Regular mail: up to 2kg. Sends to Portugal in 3 days, to Europe in 3 days, worldwide in 7 days.
- Priority mail (green): up to 2kg. Sends to Europe in 5 days, worldwide in 7 days.
- Priority mail (blue): up to 2kg. Sends to Europe in 3 days, worldwide in 5 days.
- Registered mail: up to 2kg. SEnds to Portugal in 1 day, to Europe in 3 days, worldwide in 5 days.
- Express mail/CTT express: fast delivery service. Same day delivery in Portugal and Spain. Different delivery times worldwide.
More information (PT): CTT Site
Where to buy stamps